Week 1





     Coming to this program for the second time, I didn’t know what to expect. Every year is different and I knew I would have a different experience from the one I had last summer. I was a bit nervous, but who wasn’t? It is completely normal to feel this way about something like this, but I made sure not to let my nerves get to me. Walking into the classroom, I saw a bunch of fresh faces and some familiar ones I’ve met before. Everyone seemed so friendly and welcoming. I got a good vibe, and from then on, I knew my summer would be a blast.

      The first two days of the week were my favorite mostly because I got to put my camera to use and take pictures of people I met on the street. This was something I’ve wanted to do for a long time, so I was really excited about this assignment. After a couple hours of picture taking, the groups headed back inside the classroom to upload their pictures. We then sat in a circle and showcased each other’s pictures on the big screen and introduced the people we met. On the next day, Andre Lambertson came to lecture the class and show a presentation he did on people living in Haiti after the earthquake. I thought his pictures were amazing and I wish he could have showed us more.

      Overall, my experience so far at this program has been great. I hope to meet new people everyday and learn as much as I can in the next three weeks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment